Update: Coronavirus (COVID-19) effective from January 2, 2021.
Cinema Nova and Nova Bar + Kitchen welcome back our customers following our shared extended-break from the big-screen. To ensure the safety of our staff and patrons we ask that all individuals and groups follow our COVID-safe guidelines to avoid complacency and keep Melbourne open.
- If you are sick, feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of the illness (fever, dry cough, tiredness) please do not enter the premises and immediately get tested. The closest fever-clinic is located at St Vincent's Hospital on Victoria Parade, Fitzroy - a 15 minute walk or 10 minute drive from the venue.
- Face masks must be worn in all indoor spaces per Victorian Government advice given on December 31st 2020. We ask that when customers finish consuming food or beverages at Cinema Nova that they continue to wear their face mask correctly for the remainder of their visit. Staff are required to wear masks in all common areas and disposable single-use masks are available for customers who arrive without a face mask to wear during their visit. Reusable cloth masks are available to purchase from the Candy Bar.
- Where food and beverages are being consumed, we encourage guests to use available hand sanitiser prior to the consumption of these items.
- Social distancing continues to be an important precaution, so please ensure you maintain a distance of 1.5 metres when in common areas including hallways, foyers and restrooms.
- When in-cinema, please check your ticket for your allocated seat. If you feel other audience members may not be in their allocated socially-distanced seat, please speak to a member of staff for assistance. Cinema Nova's ticketing system automatically ensures that government-mandated capacity limits and social distancing requirements are in effect and will be updated as restrictions change.
- While cinema staff will be regularly and routinely cleaning all common-touch surfaces at Cinema Nova, please limit unnecessary contact with surfaces where possible.
- All customers must provide accurate contact information for the purposes of contact tracing. We encourage online bookings to assist with this purpose, but contact details will be taken by a member of staff where tickets are purchased over the counter or when visiting the Nova Bar + Kitchen.
- We request the contactless use of credit cards for all purchases made at the box office, Nova Bar + Kitchen as well as the Candy Bar.
- Antibacterial hand soap is available in all restrooms, please following hand washing guidance displayed.
- Please treat your fellow movie goers and Cinema Nova staff as you would expect to be treated during these testing times.
Please also note the following:
- All staff are temperature checked upon arrival prior to commencing their shift.
- All cinema auditoriums draw air from outside to circulate in the cinema before being extracted outside through a separate vent. Air conditioning filters are changed regularly by authorised technicians.
We thank our customers and staff for their support throughout this crisis and we look forward to welcoming customers back to Cinema Nova as soon as they are able.
There is a dedicated Department of Health and Human Services hotline for any person who may develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19: 1800 675 398.
HIGH GROUND is coming to Nova next week - or see it at our advance screening + filmmaker Q&A this Thursday 21 Janua… https://t.co/pMmu5VzYom
RT @sharmillfilms: This weekend is a special one — SECRET IMPRESSIONISTS is screening all week at @cinemanova! Witness the beautiful master…
RT @MadmanFilms: Coming to Australian cinemas February 18 🌱
RT @OnePerfectShot: BEFORE SUNRISE (1995) Cinematography by Lee Daniel Directed by Richard Linklater Explore a list ranking the best films…