April 20, 2022 update:
Effective from 11.59pm on Friday April 22 2022 customers will no longer be required to check-in using the Victorian Services App or to show proof of vaccination status. Furthermore, cinema staff are no longer required to wear a face mask when serving customers following a change in COVID-safe guidance from the Victorian state government. Customers are not required to wear a facemask when attending the venue.
Cinema Nova will continue it's regime of contact service cleaning in addition to providing hand sanitizer throughout the venue in addition to ensuring staff monitor for any symptoms and isolate where required.
A recent German study has found cinema to be extremely low risk in the transmission of COVID. Learn more: https://celluloidjunkie.com/2021/12/09/german-study-demonstrates-low-covid-19-infection-risk-in-cinemas/
The following safety protocols remain in-place at Cinema Nova:
- Face masks are worn indoors by staff (until Saturday April 23, 2022)
- Staggered start times to allow for social distancing in shared spaces (hallways, corridors, restrooms).
- Staff temperature check prior to commencement of all shifts to measure possible fever symptoms.
- Proof of vaccination status required of all customers prior to cinema entry (until Saturday April 23, 2022)
- Staff experiencing COVID symptoms prior to working instructed to immediately get a COVID test and isolate until returning a negative result.
- Hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial soap available in thoroughfares and restrooms, respectively.
- Cashless payments preferred at Candy Bar and Cinema Nova Bar.
* * * *
Please note the following:
- We request customers adhere to the requirements for entry and treat staff with respect at all times.
- Cleaning undertaken throughout trading periods and nightly following the conclusion of business.
- Cinema auditoriums draw outside air from outside to circulate in-cinema before being extracted outside through a separate vent.
- Air conditioning filters are changed regularly by authorised technicians.