Update: Coronavirus (COVID-19) effective from July 27, 2021 (Updated October 15, 2021)
October 15, 2021 update: Cinema Nova understands Melbourne cinema venues will open on or before November 5, 2021. From the date or reopening Cinema Nova will be following the Victorian Government Health Advice and related COVID-safe restrictions. Please review the latest Victorian Government advice ahead of your visit, or prior to booking tickets, to ensure you and your party meet Victorian Government requirements.
Please note that Cinema Nova has a zero-tolerance policy toward behaviour that threatens the health and safety of our customers and staff. We hope to welcome you back to the movies soon!
JULY 27, 2021 update: To conform to updated Victorian Government requirements to maintain a COVID-safe environment for our customers and staff, the following actions are in-place:
- Face masks must be worn when indoors at all times, except when eating and drinking - please wear your face mask to help keep our customers and staff safe.
- Capacity restrictions are in place in all theatres, in-line with current Victorian Government guidelines.
- Staggered start times to allow for social distancing in shared spaces (hallways, corridors, restrooms).
- Electronic contact tracing via online bookings and on-site Victorian Government-approved QR code scanning.
- Staff experiencing COVID symptoms prior to working instructed to immediately get a COVID test and isolate.
- Contactless payments including credit card sales on-site and online bookings encouraged.
- Hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial soap available in thoroughfares and restrooms, respectively.
Cinema Nova conforms to current Victorian Government COVID-safe requirements. We require that all customers scan-in using the Victorian Government QR code system upon arrival and practice social distancing in common areas. Where the QR code cannot be scanned we ask that customers provide staff with accurate contact tracing information, should it be required. Face masks are mandatory indoors from 6pm on May 25 until advised otherwise. Thank you.
* * * *
Please note the following:
- All staff are temperature checked upon arrival prior to commencing their shift.
- Cinema auditoriums draw air from outside to circulate in the cinema before being extracted outside through a separate vent.
- Air conditioning filters are changed regularly by authorised technicians.
There is a dedicated Department of Health and Human Services hotline for any person who may develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19: 1800 675 398.
Run, don't walk - our first batch of return sessions is now live on our website, with a plethora of new treats read… https://t.co/iepRUQuyKe
@PeterGatt @palacecinemas @thesuntheatre Hey Peter! We're working as fast as we can to get our schedule ready, sess… https://t.co/usS8jul9yW
RT @MonsterPics: ⚡️TICKET UPDATE⚡️ Please Note: allocation is exhausted or near-exhaustion for the sessions below, as restrictions ease an…
RT @MadmanFilms: Melbourne cinemas reopening October 29 https://t.co/q3o3OLwMb3
* Masks must be worn at all times when not eating or drinking * Do not attend the cinema if you are showing any sig… https://t.co/Zm9bZ2Uxqh